Pilot Flying J Rolls Out Joint iPhone App
My Pilot integrates networks; allows users to check prices, rate visit, more
Published in CSP Daily News
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. -- Pilot Travel Centers launched its first iPhone app for users of the popular mobile handset in spring 2010, and Pilot and Flying J merged shortly after in June 2010. Both brands are still available on U.S. highways, and now Pilot Flying J has launched My Pilot, a new iPhone application designed to assist professional drivers and motorists as they plan trips and stop to refuel and refresh while on the road.
The new iPhone app provides location and trip features for all of the more than 550 travel centers and travel plazas across North America in the Pilot Flying J network.
"We've designed the My Pilot app to serve as a one-stop solution for any road trip," said Ken Parent, senior vice president of operations for Pilot Flying J. "We believe the new and improved features of the app will provide helpful information, added convenience and peace of mind for our customers--whether you're a professional driver checking loyalty points or a family looking for a nearby place to refuel with a restaurant that everyone can agree on."
Using the My Pilot app, customers can locate the closest Pilot or Flying J location and see that location's current fuel prices. The app provides a bird's-eye view of all locations in the nearby area as well as allows users to set the locations in a traditional map, satellite or hybrid view. Professional drivers and motorists also can plan a trip by entering the start and end points, and the app will show all of the Pilot and Flying J locations along the way.
Customers using the new My Pilot app also will be able to:
- Use one-touch calling to contact any location from the app listing.
- Find a location with specific amenities using the simple search function.
- Check and compare fuel pricing for all grades at every location.
- Rate their visit and let Pilot Flying J know how well the company served them using a simple five-star rating system.
- Connect with Pilot Flying J on Facebook, Twitter and the company website from within the app.
- Contact the Pilot Flying J Customer Service team to receive assistance.
In addition to these features, professional drivers can use the app to:
- Check individual account information such as Frequent Fueler points, number of shower vouchers and Coffee Club status.
- Search for all locations that have diesel exhaust fluid (DEF) at the pump.
- Rate their shower experience and provide comments to Pilot Flying J to help the company continue to improve shower facilities.
Now through November 30, Pilot Flying J is giving away a $200 gasoline card each week to one customer who downloads the new app. It can be downloaded at www.pilotflyingj.com/mypilot.
"We value our loyal customers, and our top priority always is to serve the customer by providing convenience, excellent service and quality products," said Lynsay Caylor, social media marketing manager for Pilot Flying J. "The gas card giveaway is just one more way of showing our appreciation to those who download the app and choose Pilot Flying J."
Caylor said the company plans to launch an Android platform version of the My Pilot app as early as January 2012.
Pilot Flying J is headquartered in Knoxville, Tenn., and has more than 550 retail locations across North America. Pilot Flying J is also one of the nation's largest wholesale fuel providers, delivering over 500 million gallons of fuel to thousands of customers in 47 states and eight Canadian provinces. The company employs approximately 18,000 people and is the largest operator of travel centers and travel plazas in North America.