10 Big Reasons to Explore the New CSPnet.com
New features, new opportunities and what to expect next
Published in CSP Daily News
OAKBROOK TERRACE, Ill. -- When we here at CSP went back to the drawing board to develop a new and improved website, our thought process started with: What do our readers need to know?
For a dozen years we've been providing the best news coverage of the convenience store industry, and we will continue to do that, but we knew CSPnet.com could provide a lot more. With that, we offer 10 reasons--and there are many more--to explore our new website.
- Fuel Prices. It was big news with the Oil Price Information Service (OPIS) bought GasBuddy. Suddenly the leader in wholesale fuel-price data also had a lock on the most comprehensive retail fuel-price service. So when we looked at the best way to provide that data to our readers in a concise format, we immediately sought out to partner with OPIS. Watch for weekly updates on wholesale prices and pricing trends and real-time retail prices via our GasBuddy-powered Retail Fuel Prices Lookup!
- Top Industry News. This has been CSPnet's calling card from the beginning, when we set out to be the daily newspaper of the c-store industry. That hasn't changed. CSP Daily News will continue to deliver the latest news from retailers and suppliers, including the most focused coverage of the major c-store categories.
- Data. By now, you've probably grown accustomed to CSP magazine's annual Category Management Handbook and Midyear Category Data Report. After several years of producing both, we're working with our data-providers--notably IRI and McLane--to mine those reports for telling trend information available exclusive on CSPnet.com.
- New Products. Earlier this year when CSP launched Convenience Store Products magazine and e-newsletter, it tapped a healthy craving from retailers to know about the latest new products early and often. The new CSPnet.com picks up on this with a product of the day and a searchable library of product releases and news.
- Industry Dashboard. This is where all of the above comes together. This should be your first stop in the morning! In a concise, one-screen view, the CSPnet.com homepage--our industry dashboard--gives you the top news of the day, fuel prices, a snapshot of category data and a new product of the day, courtesy our newest publication Convenience Store Products. From there, you can explore the industry in the direction most useful to you and your business.
- Industry Stock Ticker. The public companies in the convenience store industry are a key indicator of industry--and the companies themselves--health. Through a partnership with BarChart.com, we offer real-time stock prices of the industry's public companies. Who's on the way up? Who's struggling? Check out the data, then search CSPnet.com to find the "why."
- Content by Channel. These landing pages provide the content most valuable to our various readership groups. Say you're an independent retailer looking for the news most relevant to you. This built-in search tool delivers the content you need first. From there, filters allow you to narrow your search to overall industry news, mergers and acquisitions, category management and more. Other channel breakdowns include operations, chain executives and category managers.
- Daily Back Rumor. This back-page feature in CSP magazine has been a favorite for years. Now get a daily dose of scuttlebutt, rumors and fun in photos and text. Even submit your own addition!
- Supplier Showcase for Independents. This new section helps independent retailers connect with suppliers and manufacturers. It's the little guy's chance to learn about merchandising programs offered by manufacturers, apply to participate in MSA's MyTradePrograms.com, download plan-o-grams and see marketing campaigns and point-of-sale (POS) materials. (But, yeah, it's open to everyone.)
- More to Come. Perhaps best of all, we're not finished. Watch in the near future for the return of CSPTV, a listing of c-stores as they open and close across the country, new-store slideshows, more data … and more!