CITGO Helping Marketers 'Move Business Onward'
Published in CSP Daily News
Holding 2014 roundtable meetings to help independent operators with programs
HOUSTON -- CITGO Petroleum Corp. is launching its 2014 marketer roundtable meetings, which it said is designed to help its branded marketers move their businesses onward with industry insights and best-in-class marketing programs.
Taking place between Jan. 30 and March 6 within the three marketing regions, these meetings provide marketers with one-on-one time with the CITGO team and allow the company to share 2014 program updates, advertising plans and other tools CITGO marketers can use to help generate more traffic and sales at their independently operated locations.
"Our marketer roundtable meetings are a great way to ensure the year begins on the right track for our valued customers," said Alan Flagg, general manager of light oils marketing for CITGO. "With these meetings we can update our marketers about our 2014 program slate and also receive feedback and hear suggestions directly from the people on the frontlines--our marketers."
Some of the programs designed to drive retail activation and customer loyalty for CITGO marketers and retailers that will be discussed at the roundtable meetings include the following:
- Exciting plans for the 2014 Fueling Good Road Trip, plus highlights from the most recent tour featuring Marketers doing good in their communities.
- Changes within the Mystery Shop Program, Trimark of Excellence, that incentivize more high-scoring locations.
- Learnings from the CITGO Retail Concept Center about new offerings for c-stores.
- Continued emphasis on Centennial Image implementation, with currently more than 67% of CITGO locations reimaged. The reimage deadline for all locations within the CITGO network is Dec. 31, 2015.
- Continued emphasis of TriCLEAN gasoline, with enhanced messaging on all pump valances.
- Continued promotion of the CITGO Rewards proprietary credit card, which provides a five-cent-per-gallon statement credit on every gallon of CITGO fuel purchased with the card. Since its debut in the fall of 2012, new accounts have increased by more than 52%, with approval rates increasing by more than 50%.
- Continued customization of events, promotions and marketing materials that drive consumer traffic and sales at the local level, including renewed associations with the Miss America organization and Bess the Book Bus.
"Year after year, we work to deepen our knowledge of the industry and deliver programs and solutions that help our marketers grow their businesses. We look forward to this year's roundtable meetings so we can teach, learn and move the CITGO brand onward," said Flagg.
CITGO, based in Houston, is a refiner, transporter and marketer of transportation fuels, lubricants, petrochemicals and other industrial products. The company is owned by PDV America, Inc., an indirect wholly owned subsidiary of Petroleos de Venezuela SA, the national oil company of the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela.