Rutter's Charitable Giving Reaches $3.7 Million
Published in CSP Daily News
Donated $213,000 to central Pennsylvania charities in 2013
YORK, Pa. -- Rutter's Farm Stores donated $213,000 to central Pennsylvania charities in 2013, elevating the company's charitable giving total to $3.7 million over the last 10 years.
"We believe that our donations to community organizations, primarily those focused on improving the lives of local children, have made a significant and positive impact across the six central Pennsylvania counties in which we operate our stores," said Derek Gaskins, Rutter's chief customer officer.
Among the organizations to receive assistance this year:
- Leg-Up Farm received $5,500 to continue their mission to enrich the lives of families with special needs children through customized therapeutic experiences.
- York Little Theater will use the $12,500 donation to upgrade the theater lighting system.
- Chambersburg Hospital received 20,000 to purchase cutting-edge neonatal care equipment.
- Crispus Attucks Association of York received $50,000 to provide education services, human services, community development and affordable housing to York-area residents in need.
- The Make-a-Wish Foundation will use $30,800 to continue their mission to fulfill the dreams of local children with life-threatening illnesses.
A full list of charities receiving support from Rutter's can be found at www.rutters.com/charities.
York, Pa.-based Rutter's has been active in the community since its beginning in 1921. Under the third generation of family leadership, Rutter's operates 59 convenience stores throughout central Pennsylvania.