State tobacco tax rates remain relatively stable in soft economy
Published in CSP Daily News
OAK BROOK, Ill.-- So far this year, 18 states have proposed tobacco-related tax increases. This has led to much talk but not much action--except on the East Coast, where two states passed increases, and one, in an unprecedented move, even passed a decrease, leaving many to speculate about cross-border activity.
The Special CSP-NATO Guide to Tobacco Taxes offers details and maps showing:
- State Cigarette Excise Tax Rates
- State Excise Tax on Large Cigars
- State Excise Tax on Smoking Tobacco & Papers
- State Excise Taxes on Little Cigars
- State Excise Taxes on Smokeless Tobacco
To view the full story and maps, click here or see the October 2011 issue of CSP magazine.