Nestle Easter Egg Rollout
Wonka Hard2Find Egg Hunt, Egg Fillers, Butterfinger, Crunch NestEggs, more
Published in CSP Daily News
GLENDALE, Calif. -- Nestle Confections & Snacks has rolled out its newest assortment of springtime treats available nationwide for Easter, the nation's second top-selling candy holiday, according to the National Confectioners Association (NCA).
"Candy-themed treats are the most popular gift during the Easter season, as more than half of participating adults spend their Easter budget on candy," said spokesperson Tricia Bowles of Nestle USA Confections & Snacks. "With moms busily preparing decorations, snacks and baskets, we're thrilled to offer new SweeTarts Gummies & Jelly Beans Pouches and Wonka Hard2Find Egg Hunts for indoor and outdoor games, among a wide-range of treats in our collection."
The collection's highlights for spring include:
- Hard2Find Egg Hunt Outdoor Kit. Each egg is shaped and colored to look like objects in nature from rocks and bark to concrete, grass and flowers. They're pre-filled with Wonka candy: Nerds, SweeTarts and Laffy Taffy (3.4 oz.; manufacturer's suggested retail price $6.50).
- Hard2Find Egg Hunt Indoor Kit. Inside the package, each egg includes a hanging string, suction cups, adhesive stickers, and glow-in-the-dark eggs for the most unusual of hiding places. (3.4 oz.; MSRP $6.50).
- Wonka Laffy Taffy Jelly Beans. The bold yellow, green, purple and red packaging features Laffy Taffy's signature flavors: banana, cherry, grape and apple in bright colors and jelly bean form (14 oz.; MSRP $2.49).
- Nestle Butterfinger Bunny and Crunch Bunny. Solid milk chocolate with Butterfinger pieces or crisped rice Nestle Crunch pieces scattered throughout, measuring at 7.5 inches, and in a spring-themed packaging (5.5 oz.; MSRP $3.49).
- Nerds Bumpy Jelly Beans. A new twist on the classic jelly bean, now in rainbow Nerds flavors: orange, apple, cherry, grape and lemon with a crispy shell and chewy jelly bean center; voted by Good Morning America as "Best Sour Jelly Bean" (13 oz.; MSRP $2.49).
- Butterfinger NestEggs and Crunch NestEggs. Chocolate eggs filled with Nestle Crunch crisped rice pieces or bits of Butterfinger in individually wrapped pastel pink, blue and orange metallic foils (10 oz.; MSRP $2.68).
- Wonka Egg Fillers. Wonka Egg Fillers offer classic favorites--Spree, SweeTarts, Bottle Caps, Gobstoppers--in one convenient bag. Wonka Egg Fillers candy packages are individually wrapped. The size of each bag fits neatly inside the colorful plastic eggs (18 oz.; MSRP $3.99).
Other Easter products offered by Nestle this year include SweeTarts Chicks, Ducks and Bunnies (12 oz.; MSRP $2.49), classic SweeTarts candies in fun shapes and flavors: Lemon, Apple, Strawberry, Blueberry, and Grape; SweeTarts Gummies (14 oz.; MSRP $2.49), bunny-shaped gummies in your favorite SweeTarts flavors; Wonka Golden Egg Hunt (3.36 oz.; MSRP $5.29), pre-assembled Easter eggs stuffed with SweeTarts, Laffy Taffy and Nerds and one Golden Egg.
Food and beverage product maker Nestle USA, Glendale, Calif., with 2012 sales of $10 billion, is part of Nestle SA, Vevey, Switzerland. Brands include Nestle Toll House, Nestle Nesquik, Nestle Coffee-Mate, Stouffer's, Lean Cuisine, Hot Pockets and Lean Pockets, Nescafe, Nestle Juicy Juice, Buitoni, Dreyer's/Edy's, Nestle Crunch, Nestle Butterfinger, Wonka, Digiorno, Tombstone and California Pizza Kitchen.