BP Dresses for Success of Its Driver Rewards Program
Retail brand wins Image Apparel Institute award for uniforms
Published in CSP Daily News
LAS VEGAS -- The Image Apparel Institute (IAI) has announced the winners of the 2014 Image of the Year (IOY) Awards, including BP for the retail establishment category. The award recognizes the most fashionable, forward thinking and innovative commercial apparel designs.
BP corporate wanted a uniform program to build brand recognition around BP and its new Driver Rewards customer loyalty program, portraying a consistent message across its thousands of retail gas station and convenience store sites. Affinity Apparel's product development team designed a custom performance polo shirt offered in male and female styling, with long-sleeve and short-sleeve options. Affinity also designed a snap-on promotional piece that can be added to any of BP's existing custom name badges.
The 13 winning programs were selected by an independent panel of judges representing a cross section of the fashion industry's most celebrated designers, journalists and fashion authorities. IAI honored the winners during the joint North American Association of Uniform Manufacturers & Distributors (NAUMD)/IAI Annual Banquet and Awards Dinner in Las Vegas.
Other winners by category included:
- Restaurants, Quick Service (tie): Wendy's by Barco Uniforms.
- Restaurants, Quick Service (tie): Carl's Jr/Hardees by Aramark Uniform Group.
- Retail Establishments/Non Food (tie): Chase Bank by Lands' End Business Outfitters.
- Retail Establishments/Non Food (tie): Huntington Bank by TwinHill.
- Hotels, Single Unit: St. Regis NYC by Cintas.
- Hotels, Multi-Unit: Hyatt Corporation by Cintas.
- Restaurants, Fine Food: Kelsey's by Unisync Group.
- Transportation, People: Virgin America by Affinity Apparel.
- Cruise Lines: Holland America by Cintas.
- Healthcare: Banner Healthcare by Superior Uniform Group.
- Gaming: SugarHouse Casino by Arrow Uniforms.
- Entertainment: The Wizarding World of Harry Potter by Universal Orlando.
Since 1978, the IOY Awards have honored the image apparel programs and the organizations, manufacturers and distributors that have created them. Winning this award shows that these organizations have mastered the concept of fashion and function using the best image and brand projection planning. Specifically designed to assist in identifying staff professionals, image apparel can also extend a company's brand, increase safety, enhance interior décor and improve employee morale. Winners in each category represent image apparel programs with distinct purposes or functions within their industry.
BP--with U.S. operations based in Chicago, Houston and Blaine, Wash.--markets more than 15 billion gallons of gasoline every year United States to consumers through more than 11,000 branded retail outlets and supplies more than four billion gallons of fuel annually to fleets, industrial users, auto and truck manufacturers, railroads and utilities. With headquarters in London, BP is the single, global brand formed by the combination of the former British Petroleum, Amoco, Atlantic Richfield (ARCO) and Burmah Castrol.