FSTEC Appoints Industry Experts to 2014 Advisory Board
Includes restaurant operators, foodservice executives, educators, media professionals
Published in CSP Daily News
OAKBROOK TERRACE, Ill. --In preparation for the 18th annual fall conference and exhibition, FSTEC announces the appointment of nearly two dozen foodservice technology leaders to the 2014 Advisory Board.
These individuals are called upon to shape show content, offering their support and expertise to ensure a relevant, educational, and successful event. Selected members epitomize the 'NexGen,' forward-thinking spirit of FSTEC--the sector's premier, cross-segment technology conference. 2014's impressive board includes an experienced blend of restaurant operators, foodservice executives, educators and media professionals.
Foodservice operator board members:
- Steven G. Barrow, Luby's Fuddruckers Restaurants, vice president of information systems.
- Patrick Benson, Ovation Brands, senior vice president of information systems.
- Karen Bird, Buffalo Wild Wings, vice president of information technology.
- Ralph Brennan, Ralph Brennan Restaurant Group, owner.
- Jack Claire, Dunkin Brands International, senior vice president and CIO.
- Baron Concors, YUM! Restaurants International, CIO.
- Jeff Chasney, CKE Restaurants Inc., executive vice president of strategic planning and CIO.
- Jeff Dinard, Corner Bakery Café, vice president of information technology.
- John Doyle, Ruby Tuesdays Inc., vice president of information technology corporate and restaurant systems.
- Jeff Gengler, Papa Murphy's International, vice president of business technology.
- Rohit Kapoor, YUM! Pizza Hut, CIO.
- Kelly MacPherson, Burger King Worldwide, CIO.
- John Metz, Jr., Sterling Hospitality, president, co-founder and executive chef.
- Darla Morse, SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, CIO.
- Patti Reilly-White, Darden Restaurant, CIO.
- Jim Sappington, McDonald's Corp., corporate senior vice president and global CIO.
- Steve Schell, Starbucks Coffee Co., vice president of retail technology and enterprise collaboration.
- Tripp Session, Carlson Restaurant Worldwide, senior vice president and CIO.
- Brian Smith, Sodexo, vice president of operational systems.
- Joseph Tenczar, Sonny's BBQ, CIO.
- Michael Verdesca, Focus Brands, vice president and CIO.
- Rob Watkins, Compass Group North America, CIO.
- Don Zimmerman, The Wendy's Co., CIO.
Educators, media and associations:
- Ron Blum, M.S., Johnson & Wales University, faculty advisor.
- Cihan Cobanoglu, Ph.D., University of South Florida, Sarasota-Manatee, School of Hospitality Management, dean.
- Dr. Fred DeMicco, professor and ARAMARK Chair in the Department of Hotel, Restaurant & Institutional Management at the University of Delaware.
- Mehmet Erdem, Ph.D., CHTP, associate professor and the director of hospitality technology and innovation at the Hotel College of University of Nevada Las Vegas.
- Tom Litchford, National Retail Federation, vice president of retail technologies.
- Toby Malbec, ConStrata Technology Consulting, managing director.
- Peter Nyheim, Ph.D., The Pennsylvania State University, senior instructor in hospitality management, School of Hospitality Management.
- Peter Romeo, CSP Business Media LLC, vice president of Foodservice Group.
- Darren Tristano, Technomic, Inc., executive vice president.
- Rick Van Warner, Parquet Public Affairs, senior partner.
- John A. Williams, Ph.D., University of New Orleans, dean of the College of Business Administration.
This year, CSP Business Media has added the FSTEC show to its growing Leadership Conferences division. Coordinators, along with the Advisory Board, have built a platform for the leading tech suppliers and eager foodservice operators to network, tackle issue, and explore trends.
"CSP Business Media has helped provide FSTEC with a clear, strong strategic vision," said Rob Grimes, chairman and CEO of FSTEC. "Now with the proper backing from our partners and industry influencers we are able to take this conference into the next generation."
FSTEC is in its 18th year and brings together foodservice operators from all levels and segments to find solutions to common technology challenges. They are joined by leading suppliers ready to deliver products and services that drive revenues and profits. This year's FSTEC will be held Sept. 21 to 23 at the Sheraton New Orleans. For more information, visit www.fstec.com.
CSP Business Media is a business-to-business, multimedia communication company specializing in the convenience retailing, restaurant and on-the-go food industries. In addition to its print products, CSP Business Media has an extensive portfolio of online products including e-newsletters (including CSP Daily News), websites, web conferences, CSPTV and other video products, mobile and tablet apps plus custom solutions. CSP Leadership Conferences & Events produces more than 20 major EduNetworking live conferences and focused meetings. Visit www.cspbusinessmedia.com for more information.