Trends & New Products from the NACS Show: Beverages
Here’s what caught CSP’s beverage editor’s eye at the annual trade show
Published in CSP Daily News
ATLANTA -- Let’s call it the year of the sparkling water. Every major beverage-maker and several smaller ones offered their take on this growing subcategory during the NACS Show in Atlanta.
- Coca-Cola Co. highlighted its Fruitwater flavors.
- PepsiCo redesigned the packaging of its Aquafina Flavorsplash Sparkling.
- Dr Pepper Snapple got into the business big with Canada Dry and Schweppes.
- Nestle Waters featured both Perrier and its regional sparkling waters.
- Then there were the smaller guys: Sparkling ICE, Cascade Ice, National Beverage Corp.’s La Croix and others.
Here’s a look at some of the major new-product releases we found on the NACS trade-show floor.