Dr Pepper Celebrates ‘One of a Kindness’
Newest advertising campaign begins Jan. 1
Published in CSP Daily News
PLANO, Texas -- Dr Pepper launched its latest advertising campaign titled “/1,” or “one of one.” Featuring real people and real one-of-a-kind stories, the “/1” commercials aim to dig deeper into the roots of what makes Dr Pepper fans unique--not just one in a billion, but one of one.
Each spot in the “/1” campaign will follow an inspiring individual to reveal, through a series of descending statistics, why he or she is truly one of a kind, including:
- Justin “Nordic Thunder” Howard--2011 U.S. Air Guitar champion and YouTube sensation known for his dynamic personality and performance style.
- Mikaela Mayer--professional model turned Olympic female boxing hopeful.
- Misty Copeland--Boys & Girls Club alumna and soloist for the prestigious American Ballet Theatre.
- Jen Mayfield--suburban mom of five by day, roller-derby queen by night.
- Armando Cristian Perez--an American rapper, songwriter, actor and record producer, known better by his stage name, Pitbull.
“Now, in an age of YouTube stars, Tumblr and Twitter, people more than ever are putting their individuality out into the world,” said Leslie Vesper, director of marketing for Dr Pepper. “That’s why the ‘/1’ campaign features real people with real stories that make them like no one else, in hopes to inspire more people to live their one-of-a-kind lives, a sentiment that Dr Pepper has shared since its beginning.”
The first two “/1” spots will debut on Jan. 1 and feature the inspiring personal stories of Mikaela Mayer, professional model turned U.S. Olympic female boxing hopeful, and Jen Mayfield, suburban mom of five by day, roller-derby queen by night. Dr Pepper will release a high-energy, 60-second montage ad that celebrates the “one of a kindness” in all of us to run during the Discover BCS National Championship Game on Jan. 7, nationally televised on ESPN.
Created by Deutsch LA, the campaign will be supported by an integrated marketing campaign that includes national television and online media.