Nestle Crunch Girl Scout Candy Bars Back This Summer
Published in CSP Daily News
Exclusive online pre-sale began May 9
GLENDALE, Calif. -- Nestle Crunch has confirmed that last year's award-winning product, the Nestle Crunch Girl Scout Candy Bars, has returned for a limited time.
In a promotion that began May 9, consumers can purchase Nestle Crunch Girl Scout Candy Bars via a special online "pre-sale program" at Facebook.com/NestleCrunch, while supplies last. After the pre-sale offering, fans must wait until early June, when the Nestle Crunch Girl Scout Candy Bars will become available at participating retail stores nationwide through September.
Introduced in 2012, Nestle Crunch Girl Scout Candy Bars have won several industry accolades and awards in their first year, including:
- Product of the Year: Best Innovation in the Candy Category by TNS Consumer Survey on Product Innovation.
- Best New Product by Better Homes & Gardens.
- Best Brand Extension by AdWeek.
- Winner of Licensed/Limited Edition Category by the National Confectionary Sales Association (NCA) New Product Awards.
"During their launch year, the Nestle Crunch Girl Scout Candy Bars sold in record numbers, and we're thrilled to give consumers more of what they want for a second year in a row," said spokesperson Tricia Bowles of Nestle USA Confections & Snacks. "The awards were really an honor, validating that these new bars were not only enjoyed, but truly treasured by everyone."
Inspired by the three most popular flavors of Girl Scout Cookies, Nestle Crunch Girl Scout Candy Bars are produced under license from Girl Scouts of the USA and come in three varieties:
- Thin Mints: Dark chocolate cookie wafers and mint chocolate creme, topped with airy crispies and a rich, dark chocolatey coating.
- Caramel & Coconut: Cookie wafers layered with coconut caramel creme and chewy caramel, topped with toasted coconut and drizzled with caramel stripes.
- Peanut Butter Creme: Cookie wafers layered with smooth peanut butter creme, topped with airy crispies and a creamy, chocolatey coating.
"We continually seek innovative ways to raise awareness of Girl Scouting, and this licensing relationship with Nestle Crunch does just that," said Barry Horowitz, vice president and general manager of Girl Scout merchandise for Girl Scouts of the USA. "The success of last year's promotion had parents, volunteers and the general public excited for more."
Founded in 1912, Girl Scouts of the USA is the preeminent leadership development organization for girls, with 3.2 million girl and adult members worldwide. Girl Scouts is the leading authority on girls' healthy development and builds girls of courage, confidence and character.
Food and beverage product maker Nestle USA, Glendale, Calif., with 2012 sales of $10 billion, is part of Nestle SA, based in Vevey, Switzerland, with 2012 sales of $98 billion. Other brands include Nestle Toll House and Lean Cuisine.