Mars Unveils 2014 Easter Treat Lineup
Published in CSP Daily News
Marketing program to highlight holiday candies, packaging
HACKETTSTOWN, N.J. -- Staying well ahead of next spring's fashions, Mars Chocolate North America offered an overview of new items for Easter 2014.
Key among the numerous products coming to store shelves are:
- Twix Brand Egg Singles (also available in six-packs)--Building on the popularity of seasonal singles, this egg-shaped treat is a crunchy cookie with creamy caramel coated in TWIX Brand milk chocolate.
- Twix Brand Centerpiece Egg--This 5-ounce “egg” is the perfect addition to any basket, with a crispy cookie that’s layered with caramel and covered in creamy milk chocolate.
- M&M’S Brand Milk Chocolate Solid Bunny with MINIS--This colorful, fun Easter treat blends M&M’S® Brand Milk Chocolate MINIS inside the chocolate.
- Twix Brand Eggs 6-Pack
- M&M's Brand Milk Chocolate Candies Carrot Cane
- M&M's Brand Milk Chocolate Candies Twist 'n Pour Dispenser
- M&M's Brand MINIS Milk chocolate Candies Tube
- Mixed Chocolate/Sugar Variety Bag Stand-up Pouch
Research shows that 78% of the U.S. population celebrates Easter, and it’s the second-most-popular holiday for purchasing chocolate and candy.
Chocolate plays a key role in Easter-basket making (91% of baskets include chocolate), egg hunts, decorating (50% use candy for decorating) and snacking, according to Mars.
To engage consumers and drive retail sales, Mars’ top-selling brands maintain 360-degree marketing campaigns throughout the year, plus additional seasonal support. The Easter 2014 marketing program will include: national free-standing inserts; national television, print and digital advertising; and colorful and dynamic in-store point-of-sale displays.