Deck the Halls With Bowls of Candy
Published in CSP Daily News
Mars Chocolate developing wider winter holiday assortment
HACKETTSTOWN, N.J. -- Mars Chocolate North America has rolled out a "sleighful" of new seasonal treats and brought back some favorites.
"Chocolate is a quintessential part of so many family celebrations, and Mars Chocolate brands have been integral to holiday traditions for generations," said Roy Benin, chief consumer officer for Mars Chocolate NA. "Each year, we develop a wide winter holiday assortment based on valuable input from consumers. This year, we're introducing some exciting new products and, of course, we're bringing back our perennial classics."
Returning favorites include candy dish essentials like festive red and green M&M's Brand Candies and Dove Brand Promises Milk and Dark Chocolate Snowflakes--which are each individually wrapped in silver and blue or red and silver foil with a snowflake design embedded on top.
Here's a sample of some new items topping the Mars holiday list for 2013:
- The classic Santa Claus shape and Twix Brand join forces to create new Twix Brand Santas--available as singles and in six-packs. These confections add Christmas magic as stocking stuffers or tasty on-the-go treats.
- The M&M's Brand Recipe Box Tin, the newest collectible from M&M's Brand. With a gingerbread house theme, this tin has red and green M&M's Brand Candies, recipes and a cookie cutter inside.
- Mars is also offering the new M&M's Brand Milk Chocolate Candies for the Holidays Cane. This year, the transparent candy cane offers a colorful view of the red and green chocolate candies inside, making it a winner for decorating, hanging on stockings, snacking and gifting.
- Consumers can save time with no wrapping required with the new gift boxes and Fun Size bags for M&M's Brand Candies. All decked out with the iconic M&M's Characters, these goodie bags and boxes feature "To/From" labels, making them instantly givable.
- The company is also offering the M&M's Brand Minis Milk Chocolate Candies Tube. The tubes are little treats that consumers can tuck in stockings, share as party favors or enjoy as an on-the-go treat.
- The new M&M's Brand Minis Milk Chocolate Candies in red and green offer coolie recipes on the back of the bag.
- And Mars is offering the Minis Mix Chocolates for the Holidays variety bags. Showcasing cheerful illustrations of Christmas tree ornaments, each bag is filled with an assortment of family favorites--Snickers, Twix, 3 Musketeers and Milky Way brands. Variety bags are designed for holiday snacking and decorating.
Mars Chocolate North America, Hackettstown, N.J., is the North American chocolate operations of Mars Inc. Based in McLean, Va., Mars Inc. has net sales of more than $30 billion and six business segments including Petcare, Chocolate, Wrigley, Food, Drinks and Symbioscience.
Mars brands include Chocolate: M&M's, Snickers, Dove, Galaxy, Mars, Milky Way and Twix; Petcare: Pedigree, Whiskas, Sheba, Cesar and Royal Canin; Wrigley: Orbit, Extra, Starburst, Doublemint and Skittles; Food: Uncle Ben's, Dolmio, Ebly, Masterfoods and Seeds of Change; Drinks: Alterra Coffee Roasters, The Bright Tea Co., Klix and Flavia; and Symbioscience: Seramis, Cirku and Cocoavia.