Published in CSP Daily News
Candy Hall of Fame welcomes "Class of 2011"
TAMPA, Fla. -- Twelve industry veterans have joined the National Confectionery Sales Association's Candy Hall of Fame, which recognizes individuals who have made major contributions to the global confectionery industry.
More than 300 industry peers, family and friends attended the black-tie event as the following inductees were welcomed into the Candy Hall of Fame:
- Basil Atkinson, Judson-Atkinson Candies Inc., San Antonio.
- Harry Callie, Callie's Candy Kitchen Inc., Mountainhome, Pa.
- Chris Chase, Integrity/ESM, Wayne, Pa.
- Andy Gromen, Pearson Candy Co., Saint Paul, Minn.
- Lee Hartman, Printpack Inc., Atlanta.
- Solange Isidoro, Embare Industrias Alimenticias SA, Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- Steven Marcanello, Asher's Chocolates, Souderton, Pa.
- Linda Sahagian, Sahagian & Associates Inc., Oak Park, Ill.
- Joan Sweeting, The Madelaine Chocolate Co., Rockaway Beach, N.Y.
- Michael Vann, Storck USA LP, Chicago.
- Bill Walker, McLane Co. Inc., Temple, Texas.
- John Wynn, Eisman-Gleit Four Star LLC, Catonsville, Md.
In addition, John Molyneux, formerly of Callard & Bowser-Suchard Inc., Chicago, and Samuel Altshuler, founder of Annabelle Candy Co., Hayward, Calif., were posthumously inducted into the Candy Hall of Fame during the ceremonial induction banquet.
Inductees had their personal and professional achievements highlighted in presentations during the banquet, and each honoree was presented with a commemorative plaque.
The National Confectionery Sales Association, formed in 1899, is dedicated to furthering positive growth and acceptance of confectionery products and recognizing the achievements of category leaders from all sectors of the international industry. The association also administers the Candy Hall of Fame, which was founded in 1971 and recognizes lifetime career achievements in the confectionery industry, with induction based on dedication to the overall betterment of the industry.