Kellogg Co. Announces Broad Product Launches
Published in Convenience Store Products
Rollouts extend through snack, cereal, frozen brands
BATTLE CREEK, Mich. -- Kellogg Co. is debuting a wide range of products from some of its most popular brands, including cereal, snacks and frozen foods—all touching on growing consumer demand for taste, nutrition and convenience.
Two of the new products are available to c-store retailers: Pringles Tortilla Crisps in Original, Nacho Cheese and Southwestern Ranch flavors, and Cheez-It Grooves, debuting in June in Zesty Cheddar Ranch and Sharp White Cheddar varieties.
While the remaining new items won't be rolled out to the c-store channel, they reflect growing consumer trends and manufacturer strategies.
The growth of snacking continues to be a focus for the company. “Whether to help start their day or as a mid-morning or afternoon snack, more and more people are seeking wholesome snack choices that provide positive nutrition,” said Brian Huff, president of Kellogg U.S. Snacks in a statement released by the company. “And they also want variety, with new twists from their favorite snack brands.”
New snack offerings include:
- Nutri-Grain Fruit & Oat Harvest bars—a soft-baked blend of whole grains and oats with a sweet filling and 5 grams of fiber and 4 grams of protein per serving. They are available in Country Strawberry and Blueberry Bliss.
- Kellogg's To Go Morning Biscuits—with the nutrition normally associated with cereal in each four-biscuit serving. They are available in Oats & Honey and Oatmeal Raisin.
- Special K Indulgent Moments—70-calorie snack bars debuting in Coconut Dream and Caramel Pretzel Bliss varieties.
- Kashi Crunchy Granola and Seed bars—available in Honey Oat Flax and Chocolate Chip Chia and made with a blend of Kashi's 7 whole grains, quinoa, flax and chia seeds.
- Pringles Tortilla Crisps—debuting in three flavors: Original, Nacho Cheese and Southwestern Ranch.
- Cheez-It Grooves—debuting in Zesty Cheddar Ranch and Sharp White Cheddar.
- Keebler Fudge Covered Coconut Dreams—adding a layer of Keebler Fudge around a shortbread cookie that is already topped with caramel and toasted coconut.
Three new cereals are also rolling out:
- Kellogg’s Frosted Mini-Wheats Touch of Fruit Raisin cereal combines the whole grain and fiber of Frosted Mini-Wheats with raisins and frosting.
- Kellogg's Krave S'mores cereal features crispy graham-flavored whole grain cereal shells with a smooth chocolate and marshmallow creme center.
- Kashi Organic Promise Raisin Vineyard cereal features rice, wheat and quinoa flakes combined with sun-ripened raisins.
For the freezer case, Kellogg is focusing on breakfast items as well as unique and bold flavors with an ethnic touch. Convenience is also key here. New products include:
- New bite-sized Eggo Bites Waffles and French Toast come in single-serving, microwaveable pouches that can be eaten away from the table. The French toast comes in vanilla and cinnamon flavors and waffles come in maple flavor. No syrup needed.
- New Special K Bacon Egg and Cheese Flatbread breakfast sandwich provides the nutrition that weight managers are seeking. It's ready to eat after just 90 seconds in the microwave.
- Morningstar Farms Roasted Garlic and Quinoa burger is made with quinoa, lentils and veggies. This new burger is organic and Non-GMO Project certified.
- Kashi is debuting Greek Tzatziki and Indian Tikka Masala single-serving pizza that features a crust made with Kashi's 7 whole grain blend, sesame and flax seed.
With 2012 sales of $14.2 billion, Kellogg is the world's leading cereal company; second largest producer of cookies, crackers and savory snacks; and a leading North American frozen foods manufacturer, according to the company. Its brands include Kellogg's, Keebler, Special K, Pringles, Frosted Flakes, Pop-Tarts, Corn Flakes, Rice Krispies, Kashi, Cheez-It, Eggo, Coco Pops, Mini-Wheats and many more. Visit www.kelloggcompany.com for more information.