FARE 2014 Extends its Reach
Published in CSP Daily News
Conference brings together traditional and nontraditional foodservice channels
OAKBROOK TERRACE, Ill.-- An extended reach of CSP Business Media’s FARE 2014 conference will bring together foodservice suppliers, retailers, chefs, restaurateurs and more to take part in three days of education, networking and relationship-building opportunities.
Sysco Corp., the nation's largest foodservice-supply company, will be the Presenting Sponsor of 2014 FARE: A Foodservice Evolution. The conference, now in its seventh year, will be held at the Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center in the Dallas/Fort Worth, TX, area from June 16 through 18, 2014, with an amazing array of speakers as varied as President George W. Bush, celebrity chef Robert Irvine and athletes Herschel Walker and Bo Jackson pitted against each other in a celebrity "cookoff."
"We are thrilled to have Sysco Corporation as the presenting sponsor of the FARE conference," said Kay Segal, senior vice president at CSP Business Media. "Sysco Corporation's partnership takes the FARE conference to an entirely new level in helping operators and suppliers in traditional and nontraditional foodservice channels meet consumer demand for consistently fresh, fast and portable food. FARE's cross-channel audience makes it an extremely valuable venue for the perfect mix of education, networking, personal enrichment and trade show elements. It is a must-attend event for any company serving on-the-go food."
The 7th annual FARE conference brings together foodservice and marketing directors, menu development executives, purchasing managers and chefs from traditional restaurants and commercial and non-commercial operations for three days of education, networking and relationship-building opportunities. Foodservice is evolving and consumers demand high-quality, fresh, fast and portable food wherever food is sold. FARE is responding to the reinvention of the consumer eating experience with an event to provide retailers and traditional foodservice operators a venue to connect, learn and discover the latest trends, data and products.
FARE 2014: A Foodservice Evolution highlighted speakers and agenda items include:
- George W. Bush, 43rd President of the United States
- Captain Mark Kelly, U.S. Navy (Ret.), former Astronaut and Aviator
- Gabrielle Giffords, former Congresswoman, U.S. House of Representatives
- Food Network celebrity chef Robert Irvine
- Pete Filiaci, vice president, strategy and insights group, Univision
- Glenn Backus, senior vice president, innovation, Topco Associates
- Ira Blumenthal, president, Co-Opportunities
- Tom Feltenstein, president, Power Marketing Academy
- Leaders in Foodservice Awards, highlighting four key operators from different foodservice channels
- Second annual Culinary Competition
- Herschel Walker & Bo Jackson celebrity "cookoff"
- 100+ booths within the Food Pavilion trade show
- Over 10 hours of general sessions and workshops covering food safety, distribution, marketing, "fresh," hot & cold beverages, snacking, protein power, communication, branding and gluten free … and much more.
- Plus: CARRE Foundation charity spotlight: Share Our Strength/No Kid Hungry
For more information, please visit www.FAREConference.com. To attend the conference, operators can contact Bryn Cotton at firstname.lastname@example.org or 480-337-3420. For sponsorship information, please contact Myra Kressner at email@example.com or 718-428-7655.
Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries. The company operates 193 distribution facilities serving approximately 425,000 customers. For fiscal year 2013 that ended June 29, 2013, the company generated record sales of more than $44 billion.
Oakbrook Terrace, Ill.-based CSP Business Media, publisher of CSP, Convenience Store Products, FoodService Director and Restaurant Business magazines, is a market-dominant, business-to-business, multi-media communication company specializing in the convenience retailing, restaurant and on-the-go food industries. In addition to its print products, CSP Business Media has an extensive portfolio of online products including e-newsletters (including CSP Daily News), websites, web conferences, CSPTV and other video products, mobile applications and custom solutions. And CSP Leadership Conferences & Events produces more than 20 major EduNetworking live conferences and focused meetings.