Cumberland Farms Launches 2013 Cups For Kids Campaign
Published in CSP Daily News
Benefits pediatric units hospitals across New England, upstate New York
FRAMINGHAM, Mass. -- Cumberland Farms has launched the 2013 Cups for Kids campaign, through which the convenience store retailer will raise funds for hospitals that provide medical care to children.
Last year with the launch of its Pediatric Care Campaign, Cumberland Farms made the decision to strengthen their support of the communities where their stores are located, particularly towards programs that focus on the health of children.
During this year's campaign, which has been renamed Cups for Kids, Cumberland Farms will donate five cents per cup from its coffee and Chill Zone beverage sales to benefit pediatric care programs at five hospitals across New England and upstate New York.
The five month-long fundraising campaign dedicates one month to each of the five hospitals from April through August. Cumberland Farms works closely with each of the five hospitals to identify the needs of their respective pediatric care units and aims to ensure a successful fundraiser that will raise enough funds to have a profound impact on the meaningful programs that the hospitals provide in their communities.
"We're proud to support the doctors and nurses who provide life-changing care every day," said Cumberland Farms retail president Ari Haseotes. "We hope our contributions this year from the participating stores, along with the help of our loyal customers, will continue to help our kids get well and stay healthy."
2013 Cups for Kids Overview & Timeline
- April: The 2013 campaign begins on April 1 with the month of April's fundraiser where participating Cumberland Farms stores in New Hampshire and Vermont will benefit the Children's Hospital at Dartmouth-Hitchcock, also known as CHaD.
- May: Participating stores in Eastern Massachusetts and Rhode Island will benefit Children's Hospital Boston.
- June: Stores across upstate New York and Western Massachusetts contribute to the Children's Hospital at Albany Medical Center.
- July: Stores across Southwestern Massachusetts and Connecticut raise monies for Connecticut Children's Medical Center.
- August: The campaign concludes during the month of August when stores in Maine will benefit the programs at Barbara Bush Children's Hospital.
Over the course of the fundraiser, the participating Cumberland Farms stores will announce the total amount of money raised on a weekly basis so customers and the respective hospitals can track the fundraising progress.
During the 2012 campaign, Cumberland Farms raised almost $100,000 for the five hospitals, helping to support hospital programs dedicated to healing children and providing essential resources, equipment and amenities in the pediatric care units of the hospitals.
The Cumberland Gulf Group, Framingham, Mass., is a strategic amalgamation of Cumberland Farms Inc. and Gulf Oil LP. Cumberland Farms has a market-leading position throughout the Northeast as well as a significant presence in the Mid-Atlantic region and Florida. Cumberland Farms is parent company to Gulf LP, one of the largest wholesalers of refined petroleum products in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic. In 2011, the Cumberland Group generated about $13 billion of sales through a footprint of 589 convenience store locations operated under the Cumberland Farms banner and through the operations of Gulf Oil. The Cumberland Group is a privately held, family-owned and managed company that includes real-estate and midstream gasoline operations.